Who Will Cry for the Little Girl



When you take care of everyone else,
Who takes care of you?
The little girl who has tried everything,
but still doesn't have a clue.
The girl with the solutions to everyone's problem.
Whose shoulder is always available to cry on.
The same girl with the smile that lights up the room..
Who will cry for you?

Whenever there's panic you always know what to say,
But who makes sure that you're okay?
That you smiled today.
That you felt loved, appreciated, acknowledged,
Valued.
Who makes sure that you don't cry in the shower,
when your world is crashing down.
Or cry yourself to sleep when you just don't know how
to keep it all together.
When you're afraid of life,
because you don't know the next move..
Who will cry for you?

I will take care of the little girl.
So that she never has to be alone.
So that she has help carrying the load.
Of love.
Community.
Family.
Career.
And education.
The load can get heavy,
and the road can get lonely.
But I will walk with the little girl,
to protect her.
From the ignorant
ungrateful.
bitter.
jealous.
unkind.
hurtful.
undeserving ways of this world.

I will shower her with love
Affection.
Reassurance.
Education.
Respect.
Communication.
So that she may survive in this world.

I will take her pain and turn it into passion.
I will use her hurt to help her heal.
Turn her disappointment to discernment.
Her loss into lessons,
Her tears to testimony.
I will cry for the little girl.

So that she may discover the goodness of this world
Peace.
Love.
Health.
Freedom.
Friendship.
Purpose.
I will cry for the little girl.
I will cry for me.

Comments

Popular Posts