LIFESTYLE: #SelfcareSunday



Happy Sunday y'all!

The month of July has been extremely trying for me. I have been from Atlanta to New York, California, Cabo San Lucas, to Detroit in all three weeks. I've been planning the launch of a campaign for Bella Creatives along with a creative's empowerment brunch, and on top of all of that I celebrated the home-going of my grandmother. This month has been a lot.

I finally returned home to Atlanta last week and I've been having a hard time getting back into the swing of things. I've been feeling sad, unsupported, unmotivated, just blah - about everything. But none of this changes the fact that I still have work that needs to be done, people to meet with, and health needs that need to be met. Today I decided to pull myself out of the funk an have an entire day dedicated to self-care.

To begin, I washed clothes. On my month-long excursion I've had the same two suitcases with me, holding it down. But now that I'm home the bags are just taking up space on my bedroom floor. Living in a crowded space gives me anxiety and clouds my creativity, so I decided to declutter my space unpacking one of the many bags I took with me. Although I still have another bag to unpack I already feel lighter. I was finally able to give my life some sort of organization this month.

Secondly, I made myself a smoothie. I am currently on Day 6 of JJ Smith's 10 Day Green Smoothie Cleanse. This cleanse has been challenging for me because there are days when I crave warm food or I wonder if the cleanse is working or if I'm even doing it right. So this morning I compared pictures I took of myself on Day 1 to the pictures I took today- it's definitely working. Seeing the progress in my skin and body motivated me to keep pushing. Not to mention the smoothies taste amazing, so they have been the highlight of my days recently.

I listened to a podcast. Two days ago I discovered the Black Girl in Om Podcast (I know, I'm late!) and to say I'm obsessed would be an under statement. This podcast gives me LIFE! They discuss mindfulness, meditation, yoga, clean eating, clean beauty, and sooooo much more. Each episode features someone who embodies #BlackGirlMagic and it inspires me to work harder. Today I listened to 4 episodes (Mindfulness, Being a Healer, Embrace Your Narrative, and Thriving > Surviving) and they gave me just the pick me up I needed. Praying that my work is dope enough to be featured on there one day! Lauren or Deun if you're reading this, thank you for your work. It has impacted me in a way that I will forever be grateful for.

Last but not least, my shower. Every Sunday, no matter where I am I use my shower as a safe space to unwind and prepare for the next week. Sometimes I shower in silence, sometimes I listen to my SZA or Solange. I exfoliate, moisturize, wash my hair, apply a face mask, massage coconut oil onto my skin. I give my body the attention it's deserves. Afterwards I feel black, beautiful, empowered, and most importantly - calm.

While all of this self-care has been going on today I've hardly touched my phone. It's just been me, the podcasts and my thoughts. No celebrity gossip, no work, no conversations that I really don't want to have but I'm replying back to be nice. Just solitude. I plan to spend every Sunday from now on just like this one!

I encourage you all to listen to your bodies and discover what it needs. Take as many hours, or days as you need to return back to your best self because "we can't pour into others if our glass is empty".

I want to hear your #SelfcareSunday practices! Share with me on Instagram @BellaCreatives_ or Twitter @BellaRozzay .

Until next time, have a great week. Stay beautiful.

xoxo,

Rozzay

Comments

Popular Posts