How Do I Become Beautiful?


Beauty in my opinion, is relative. Social media may tell us that big hips, lips, and thighs are beautiful. Europeans may tell us that blonde hair and blue eyes are beautiful. If I don't fit either of these descriptions does that mean I'm ugly? Ehhh I think not. 

I honestly, truly, believe that beauty starts within someone's soul and radiates outward. The most beautiful people I know are:

1. operating in [or actively seeking] their purpose/passion 
2. secure in their place in the world 
3. loving on themselves more than their boo could love on them
4. helping others
5. constantly finding ways to better themselves

If any of you have read my old blog, Words to Bella, then you may recall when I wrote a series of entries called The Soul Search Series that explored my journey to becoming my best self. The purpose of the series was to document my journey to becoming my best self in hopes that it would help someone else. Through much prayer, journaling, self-checking, crying, and healing I can proudly say that I am much closer to the woman God has called me to be. I feel beautiful.

When I began Words to Bella in October of 2014 I was a sophomore in college, studying the wrong major, involved in a toxic relationships, both romantic and platonic. Now, two years later I have changed my major as a result of finding my purpose, lost a few people who meant the world to me, and I am in a healthy relationship. All of these changes are the result of meditation and partially desperation. I was so tired of feeling unappreciated, ignored, drained, lied to, and taken advantage of. I knew that I was worth more than the situations I placed myself in so I decided to make a change. 

So how did I become beautiful? I made a choice. I chose not to involve myself with a man who took didn't me, chose to rid myself of friends who didn't appreciate me, and fixed things about my appearance that were detrimental to my physical and mental health. After doing away with these things I began to feel lighter, happier and even more confident.

I cannot tell you what steps to take to achieve your own beauty, because everyone's journey is different. But I can leave with you a few tips:

1. find your purpose
take the time to investigate what you're good at + what you are most passionate about. Often times, the intersection of these two are one's purpose. 

2. spend time alone
you read that right. no phone, computer, boyfriend, girlfriend, xbox, television. whatever it is that you devote plenty of time to. being constantly stimulated by others and what they have going on can negatively influence your own opinions of and desires for your life.

3. don't be afraid to let go
be okay with letting go of toxic behaviors, friendships, relationships, jobs, and even music. these things all have a direct effect on your happiness. if they are not adding value, let them go. God will replace them with something 10x better. promise. 

4. be confident 
you deserve everything that is in store for you. you have worked for it. you are talented, you have favor over your life. nothing that God has for you can be given to someone else. believe in that. walk in it. 

It has taken me roughly two years to master these things myself, but I am a better woman because of it. I hope that you all choose to do the same to become your best, beautiful self! 

To talk further in depth about becoming beautiful, please reach out!

Twitter: @BellaCreatives
Instagram: BellaCreativesGroup


Xoxo,

Rozzay

Comments

Popular Posts