Let's Talk About Periods


I know, I know, gross right? But we all have them so let's just deal with it. As a teenager I was always the girl bragging about having my cycle because I literally felt nothing. No headaches, no cramping, no super heavy flow. Just an easy three or four days out of the month where I was a little more tired than usual. No big deal.

When I turned 18, this was no longer the case. I'm not sure if it's because I was stressed about graduating high school, finding the right college, and dealing with no good boyfriends or what.. but I dreaded my cycle. Every. single. month.

My best friends and I would talk to each other about the ways that we dealt with our periods but for the most part I had no real idea of what to do. Should I wear tampons or pads? Is Summer Eve's really pH balanced? Starbucks makes me feel better, so I can drink in every day right? These are all things I didn't want to ask my mom and I knew better to Google it because I would probably pass out. Luckily I started seeing a gynecologist as soon as I turned 18 so I was introduced to new methods of hygiene and new ways to soothe my awful period. Not everyone my age is as lucky as me and some of us still have questions.

Luckily, there are amazing YouTubers like Vicky Logan and Jade Kendle (LipstickNCurls) these days who are inspiring, brilliant, and most importantly transparent about their life and give young girls answers to questions they may not want to ask their parents! Below are two videos that I absolutely fell in love with and I wish they were around when I first got my cycle!


This may be one of the best videos that I have ever seen on YouTube (and I watch videos every day)! I love how Vicky talks about an awkward topic so naturally and in a way that everyone can relate to. She does state in the beginning that she is no professional, but I can attest to everything she's saying, working for me personally. Everyone's body is different and reacts to products differently, so don't take our word as Bible. But hear her out, and see if any of these tips work for you!


Loooove love love this video because I am always looking for ways to make myself feel better during that time of the month! I also love how almost all of these tips are free! As a college student, I don't love nothing better lol! 

If you have a daughter, nieces, cousins, or friends who are about to experience their cycle or want to experience it differently I recommend watching these two videos! Jade and Vicky are also complete lifestyle YouTubers so they also have skincare, food, makeup, and fashion videos! If you liked these two videos I promise you will love their entire channel! Follow Jade and Vicky on Instagram so you never miss new material!

Share any of your favorite tips, tricks and coping methods for your period with me via Twitter &/or Instagram @BellaRozzay!


Comments

Popular Posts