HAIR: Big Chop #2

As most of you know, second semester of my sophomore year of college (2 years ago) I decided to cut all of my hair off. That was such a huge change for me because I loved getting my hair straightened and wearing my little tracks. But I decided I was ready to see my natural texture and see what I was working with! Read about it here (and see pictures) here.

Over the two years and a few mini hair cuts, I grew my hair out to a pretty decent length. I was able to rock a wash and go with conditioner only, which was my main goal at one point. I had mastered a braid & curl, which gave me awesome length.

wash and go

braid and curl

But I still was unhappy. I was itching for a change so I decided to straighten my hair. Looking back on it there was more that went into straightening my hair than wanting a change. I started to lose confidence in my curly hair. I feel that I had reached my curly hair peak. Instead of researching other styles or even getting braids, I folded. I was cute doe!

the first time

the second to last time

So this is my senior year of college and I'm trying to be on fleek at all times. Homecoming was in October so of course I had to have my hair straight right (pictured above)? The same day that I got my hair done I went to a club and it was SO hot that my hair sweated out just from walking around! So it being Homecoming I couldn't have my hair crazy for tailgate! So two days after my the party I got my hair straightened AGAIN by a DIFFERENT person than who normally does it.

Needed a trim so badly


"wash and go" HA


I know I know, I blew it. So as you can see from the pictures above, my hair was ruined if we're being honest. My ends were bone straight immediately after a wash, my wash and gos looked more like a "wash me again" and my braid outs had little to no volume. It was just all bad, my curls said "bye bye".



Looking at old pictures I'm like "Wow, I've came a long way, how could I do this?!" But it's just hair, it will grow back. One thing that I love about me is that I'm not afraid of change or a challenge! So I cut my hair all off yesterday (again) but this time I am determined to give it tender love and care, every single day. I couldn't walk around anymore with damaged goods. I am starting a new chapter in my life as far as school, my career and my relationships so why not give my look a fresh start too.



As you can see my curls are ALREADY starting to flourish again. From this day on I'm going back to the basics. Weekly deep conditioning and oil treatments, constant moisture and love. If you are coming for your curls as well or have any advice on how to treat damaged hair please let me know!

Twitter: @bellarozzay
Instagram: @bellarozzay 

In the meantime, stay hydrated, stay moisturized, stay beautiful

xoxo,

Rozzay

Comments

Popular Posts